To sum up this light, and the Standard/PLUS version: Our Favorite Light to Use
PRO Version is an extended battery with DOUBLE the capacity of the Standard.
Awesome light for video, macro, UV photography and underwater photography in general! Scubalamp V6K is truly a remarkable professional grade video light. The V6K is equipped with one 30mm COB (Chips on Board) LED emitting a staggering 12000 lumen. Features two quick output levels, Turbo mode (12000 lm) to Normal mode and (6000 lm) and built in patented mechanical push button switch to turn the light on-off, and cycle through the modes.
Turbo/Normal Brightness - 12,000 / 6,000 lumen
120 degree beam LED light
Stepless dimming from 100% to 10%
Long Burn Time, 30/60 min at the 12000/6000 lumen setting
- Flicker-free firmware design
- LED low battery alarm, Green (> 70%), Yellow (<70%), Red (<30%)
- Integrated Battery and Lighting Head
- Superior water penetration and color contrast
- Excellent Color Rendition
- >50,000 hours average LED lifetime
- Patented mechanical push button switch
- Removable battery pack for safe travel.
- Depth rated to 100 m (330 feet)
- Double O-Ring Sealed
- Wide range of mounting options
- The V6K is designed to be used as primary video lighting for any underwater video, digital still or digital SLR system.
- A perfectly diffused 120 degree beam underwater provides even coverage from macro to wide angle.
- Near daylight 5600º Kelvin color temperature ensures the most true, natural tones especially when combined with ambient light in seascapes.
- The light head's powerful 12000 lumen beam may be reduced to 6000 lumen (50%) or stepless dimming from 100% to 10% to fine-tune exposure and extend battery life.
- A compact and ergonomic design features a large power switch on the back of the light.
- The heavy-duty and reliable mechanical switch is within easy reach and features click-stops to indicate power setting by feel.
- Equipped with LED low battery alarm that changes color (green, yellow, and red) depending on battery capacity
- The V6K has been designed and manufactured using high quality components to withstand harsh environments.
- The V6K is equipped with a 25mm ball mount, the 1" (2.5cm) ball arm system is compatible with arm systems from several manufacturers.
- Additional battery packs may be purchased separately to quickly exchange for a fully charged pack and keep shooting.
Smart Charger Lithium Ion
Ideal For Travel: Auto-ranging input allows the charger to work in any country whose electrical system falls within a 100V - 240V range. AC adapters for the following regions are available: USA, Europe, United Kingdom, and Australia.
Conditions Cells: The charger showcases the latest pulse charge technology; this feature grants near complete charging while also conditioning cells over time, resulting in longer battery life and more flashes per charge. Its "trickle" charge mode helps maintain a pack's charge without danger of overheating. In addition, this charger is less likely to fail when used with poorly regulated power sources.
NOTE REGARDING LIGHT CIRCUITS AND RATED OUTPUT:
All Scubalamp lights use constant current (continuous output) drivers; unlike other brands that use a variable output with 'Big' claims. What this means is that you will achieve full rated brightness until the battery reaches around 30%. Following, the light will dim to preserve the remaining battery life.
A light that does NOT use a constant current output driver will begin to dim almost immediately. It will continue to dim as the battery is depleted and the voltage drops. This means that a light rated at 2000 lumens, will only be around 1500 (or so) within the first few minutes. Buyer beware of large output claims for the rated batteries. This is one of the main reasons why we recommend our lights in addition to the durability and quality.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.